Ingredients & Supplies
Yield: 3 cups of frosting, enough for one 9" double layer cake or 15-18 cupcakes.
Food Processor Or Blender
2 Cups Solid Coconut Oil (Not Melted)
1 Cup Honey
3/4 Cup Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
Zest From 4 Fresh Oranges
3/4 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
1 Tsp Vanilla (Optional)
1. Chill Paleo Baking Company cakes or cupcakes in the refrigerator for at least an hour before frosting.
2. Combine all ingredients in food processor and puree until smooth. Add additional coconut flour or coconut milk if frosting is too wet or dry.
3. Frost chilled cake or cupcakes and serve immediately, or keep chilled in the fridge or freezer.
4. Top with fresh orange zest for decoration.
5. Frosting will melt in a warm room if not kept cool.
This bright and zesty orange frosting is dairy-free and a delicious addition to paleo Hazelnut, Chocolate, and Spice cakes!