Ingredients & Supplies
Yield: Curd Filling For 1 Cake
3 Large Oranges
1 1/2 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Liquid Coconut Oil (Melted In Microwave)
4 Extra Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
1/8 Tsp Kosher Salt
1. Remove zest from oranges with a grater and place zest and honey in a food processor. Process until smooth. Add liquid coconut oil and process.
2. Add eggs one at a time, processing before adding each egg. Finally, add fresh orange juice and salt and process.
3. Transfer mixture to a sauce pan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened - about 10-15 minutes.
4. Allow to cool completely and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
5. Can be served as a filling in paleo cakes, or as a topping with fresh berries or shaved dark chocolate.
Our paleo orange curd recipe is fragrant, sweet, and exquisite when used as a filling with any of our Paleo Cake and Muffin Mixes! Try baking a two-layered 9" paleo chocolate cake, spread orange curd between the cooled cake layers and frost with our paleo chocolate frosting for a decadent orange-dark chocolate cake!