Ingredients & Supplies
Yield: 4 Mini Loaves (6x3.5x2”)
1 Cup Honey
¾ Cup Liquid Coconut Oil (Melted)
½ Cup Water
1 Teaspoon Liquid Coconut Oil For FGreasing Pan(s)
½ Cup Walnuts Or Pecans
¼ Cup Coconut Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Make Paleo Baking Company Hazelnut and Muffin Mix according to package instructions, reducing melted coconut oil to ¾ cup.
3. In a food processor, combine nuts, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. Pulse for 30 seconds until it forms a fine crumb.
4. Grease four mini-loaf pans (6x3.5x2” each) with extra melted coconut oil.
5. Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon swirl crumbs onto the bottom of each pan.
6. Divide 1/2 of the batter evenly between pans and then top with cinnamon swirl mixture (also divided evenly between four pans).
7. Finish layering with the last 1/2 batter divided evenly.
8. Use a kitchen knife to carefully create a swirl pattern in the batter of each cake pan.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until coffee cakes are golden brown on top and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
10. Immediately remove cake pans from oven and allow to cool on cooling racks.
11. Serve coffee cakes warm or at room temperature. Coffee cakes can be frozen for up to one month and thawed on the countertop for one hour.
There is something special about a moist yellow cake with a ribbon of crunchy cinnamon crumble running through it. The “coffee” in coffee cake actually refers to the fact that this cake recipe is just darned good when served with a fresh cup of hot coffee.
These paleo coffee cakes are made in mini-loaf form so they bake evenly, but this also makes these delicious little cakes perfect for freezing and serving the next time a friend pops by for coffee. Wrap each cake individually in plastic wrap after they have fully cooled, then bag them all in a gallon freezer-safe bag and stick it in the freezer. Each delicious little cinnamon coffee cake easily serves two people for a perfect morning or afternoon treat.
No matter who you decide to share these paleo coffee cakes with, they will surprise and delight with moist, crumbly cinnamon flavor!