Ingredients & Supplies
Yield: 3 cups of frosting, enough for one 9" double layer cake or 15-18 cupcakes.
1 cup coconut cream (we like Tropical Traditions), or one 13.6 oz. can of chilled coconut milk - see preparation note below.
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
PREPARATION NOTE: If using coconut milk, place can in the refrigerator for at least two hours before making mousse to allow coconut cream to separate.
1. If using coconut milk for this recipe, first open chilled can and scoop out the cream which has separated and floated to the top. Save or discard the water in the bottom.
2. Combine coconut cream, honey and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
3. Using an electric hand mixer, mix above ingredients together in high speed setting for about 1 minute.
4. Add cocoa powder one tablespoon at a time, mixing on medium speed to combine until mousse becomes thick like whipped cream.
5. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
6. Enjoy as a dessert on its own, or spoon on top of fresh berries. Use as a frosting on our egg-free/vegan paleo chocolate cake made with Paleo Chocolate Cake and Muffin Mix.
The ultimate addiction for a chocoholic! We love this exquisite chocolate mousse on top of our paleo chocolate cake made with Paleo Chocolate Cake and Muffin Mix. Make the egg-free/vegan version of our chocolate cake and top with this mousse - it will compete with the finest restaurant chocolate cakes!