Ingredients & Supplies
Yield: 16-18 Muffins
1 cup honey
¾ cup liquid coconut oil (melted)
½ cup wate
1 tablespoon peppermint extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Make Paleo Baking Company Chocolate and Muffin Mix according to package instructions, reducing melted coconut oil to ¾ cup. Combine peppermint extract with wet ingredients before adding dry mix.
3. Spoon batter into 16-18 individual muffin papers. This works best using a standard sized cookie scoop.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes until muffins are cooked through on top and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature. Muffins can be frozen for up to 1 month and reheated in a microwave on high for 30 seconds.
Chocolate and mint are a classic flavor combination, especially around the holidays. The deep, velvety flavor of dark chocolate finishes on a high note with the refreshing spark of peppermint in this delicious paleo recipe. These muffins would be perfect topped with a dark chocolate frosting and served as dessert or while trimming the Christmas tree.
Organic peppermint extract works best in this recipe, but regular peppermint flavor would be fine. Just make sure to check the ingredients for non-paleo additives.
Enjoy the incredible aroma of chocolate and peppermint filling your kitchen when you make these Paleo Chocolate Mint Muffins. They are sure to make your season merry and bright!