Ingredients & Supplies
Yield: 16 - 18 Muffins
1 Package Paleo Hazelnut Cake and Muffin Mix
1 cup liquid coconut oil (melted)
1 cup honey
½ cup warm water
1 cup peeled and diced apple pieces (1/4'’ pieces)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Cinnamon Crumb Topping:
1 cup almond or hazelnut flour
2 tablespoons cinnamon
¼ sea salt
½ cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon liquid coconut oil (melted)
1 tablespoon honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Make Paleo Baking Company Hazelnut and Muffin Mix according to package instructions, adding cinnamon in with dry mix.
3. Fold in apple pieces and stir to evenly distribute. Set aside.
4. To make crumb topping, combine almond or hazelnut flour, chopped nuts, cinnamon, and sea salt. Add melted coconut oil and honey. Stir until topping becomes a damp crumble.
5. Spoon batter into 16-18 individual muffin papers. This works best using a cookie scoop.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove pans from oven and top each muffin with crumb topping. Bake for another 8-10 minutes until muffins are cooked through and crumb topping is golden brown.
Capture the magic of the changing seasons with this delicious Paleo Apple Crisp Muffin recipe. A comforting cinnamon crumb topping makes these muffins extra special. The minute these moist muffins come out of the oven, the room is filled with the fragrance of baked apples, toasted nuts and a hint of cinnamon. This recipe is truly a celebration of fall and harvest season.
This Apple Crisp Muffin recipe is free of gluten, grain, dairy, and soy. Use fresh, peeled and diced apple pieces to keep this recipe in paleo compliance. Paleo Apple Crisp Muffins would be equally perfect served at your next holiday gathering or a coffee break at the office.
These muffins can be made extra elegant with the addition of grated ginger or citrus peel to the batter or topping before baking.