Deliciously sweet and sour, this is a simple and quick stir fry recipe that everyone will love!
Paleo Sweet & Sour Stir Fry
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced chicken, pork, beef or pheasant
- 2 carrots, julienned (thinly sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1-2 tablespoons siracha chili sauce, depending on heat preference
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- fresh basil
Directions: In a wok or a large pan, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Saute onion and meat, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes until nearly cooked through. Add carrots and garlic, continue stirring and cooking for about 2 minutes. Add almond butter, siracha chili, coconut aminos and lime juice, stir until melted and mixed. Finally, add pineapple chunks and stir. Serve hot with fresh basil for garnish.
Aromatic, fresh ginger and garlic come together for the perfect stir fry. Pheasant, a wild game bird, can be substituted with chicken, turkey, pork, beef or shrimp - anything really! This recipe is paleo - gluten, grain, dairy, refined sugar and soy-free.
- 2-3 pheasant breasts (or other meat), sliced into thin strips.
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder or tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small head of cauliflower, for "paleo rice"
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Prepare all the vegetables and ingredient measurements, this is known as Mise en place (MEEZ-on-plass) or French for "everything in place." This refers to, as a culinary artist, having your kitchen canvas prepared. :)
- Finely chop, or process cauliflower in a food processor, to create small, rice-like grains. Place in a microwavable dish and set aside.
- Using a wok or a large saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil over high heat. Add pheasant strips (or other meat) and stir occasionally until pheasant is brown on all sides (stir-frying).
- Remove pheasant from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil to pan. Add onion and cabbage and stir fry until onions are translucent.
- Add coconut aminos, ginger, garlic, salt and stir.
- Dissolve arrowroot powder or tapioca starch in water, add to stir fry mixture and stir until combined and sauce begins to thicken.
- Microwave caulfilower "rice" on high for 3 minutes until "rice" is tender.
- Serve Ginger Pheasant Stir Fry hot on top of paleo "rice" and garnish with fresh cilantro.