After trying this recipe you will wonder why you ever bothered to put pasta into your summer salads... it's that good.
Paleo Mediterranean" Pasta" Salad
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled and julienned into "noodles"
- 1/4 cup sliced black or kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup goat feta (optional)
Mediterranean Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice from 1 fresh lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- Combine dressing ingredients and stir until well-mixed. Add to vegetables in a large bowl and toss to combine. Serve fresh or chilled. Refrigerate for up to one week.
This recipe is an easy sauce that works great in refreshing coleslaws, salads, and adds zing to any meat course as a marinade. With only a few fresh ingredients, this recipe is healthy and packs a huge wallop of flavor!
Paleo Asian Dressing & Marinade
- Zest and juice of 1 fresh lime (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 3-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated fine (about 3 tablespoons)
- 4 medium-large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Remove zest from lime using a fine grater. Juice lime and add juice and zest to a medium mixing bowl.
- Peel and grate fresh ginger. Mince garlic. Add to bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and stir until well combined.
- Serving options: Add to fresh or cooked vegetables for a delicious side dish. Marinate chicken, pork, or beef for up to 24 hours before grilling. Serve on top of freshly cooked seafood or as a dipping sauce for sushi.
Optional: Add one teaspoon crushed dried chili flakes for heat. Add chopped fresh cilantro and/or thai basil for a distinctively Thai flavor.