Paleo Mexican Hot Chocolate Muffins [PBC Community Recipe]
Here at Paleo Baking Company we love receiving emails and comments from customers who have successfully created new recipes with our products.
Ron, a customer who purchased Paleo Chocolate Cake and Muffin Mix, came up with a delicious recipe for Mexican hot chocolate muffins. His exotic recipe adds cinnamon, vanilla, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips. The kick from the chili powder and cayenne pepper adds just enough spice to punch up the flavor of chocolate and cinnamon. These muffins will make your taste buds sing!
We thought Ron's recipe was so delicious we wanted to share it with everyone. Below is Ron's email to us and our version of his recipe for you to enjoy.
Thank you, Ron!
~Paleo Baking Company
Email from Paleo Baking Company Customer, Ron
I tried your paleo chocolate cake and muffin mix in a recipe that turned out well so I wanted to share.
I like Mexican Hot Chocolate so I thought I'd try to recreate that in a muffin. I added 2tsp vanilla, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp chili powder, and 1 tsp cayenne pepper. I also added half a bag of Ghiradelli chocolate chips- 60%.
They really came out great. Please consider sharing on the recipe section of your web site.
Paleo Mexican Hot Chocolate Muffins
Paleo, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free
Makes approximately 20 muffins
Recipe adapted from PBC Community Member, Ron
- 1 bag Paleo Chocolate Cake and Muffin Mix
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Ghiradelli 60% semi-sweet chocolate baking chips (omit for dairy free recipe)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- LINE muffin pans with baking cups.
- MELT coconut oil on stovetop or in microwave until liquid.
- BLEND baking mix, vanilla, cinnamon, chili powder, cayenne pepper, water, melted coconut oil, honey, and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). BEAT at medium speed for 2 minutes. FOLD in chocolate baking chips.
- POUR batter in baking cups in pans and bake immediately.
- BAKE following chart below. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. COOL in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
Baking times may vary:
- 2 9" pans: 25-30 minutes
- 13" x 9" pan: 30-25 minutes
- 4 mini loaf pans: 35-40 minutes
- 20 muffins/cupcakes: 20-25 minutes
Enjoy this delicious variation on Paleo Chocolate Cake and Muffin Mix, and be sure to browse our other delicious recipes.
Leave a Reply