Crispy Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
This recipe for Crispy Garlic Sweet Potato Fries is simple and delicious! Need a crunchy snack or a tempting side dish? This is your dish!
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and sliced thin
- 3-4 cloves garlic, mashed or minced fine
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400*F (204*C). Peel sweet potatoes and slice into 1/4″ to 1/2″ strips. The thinner you slice them the crispier they will be!
2. In a bowl, toss sweet potato strips in melted coconut oil, add salt and pepper and toss again until well-mixed.
3. Arrange sweet potatoes in one flat layer on a cookie sheet, ensuring that they do not overlap or cover each other. This is important, as the sweet potatoes give off a lot of moisture and you will not get crispy fries if they are touching each other overmuch.
4. Bake sweet potatoes for 20-30 minutes, checking on them every 10 minutes. If the ends of the fries begin to brown, carefully take the pan from the oven and use a spatula to toss and rearrange the fries. If you do not do this, the ends of the fries will start to burn.
5. 5 minutes before the fries are done are done to your liking, turn the oven temperature down to 350* F (176*C), remove the pan from the oven, add garlic to the pan and toss the fries with a spatula. Rearrange them so they are flat again, then return to the oven for 3-5 minutes. Watch them so the garlic does not burn.
6. Remove fries from oven, and use a spatula to transfer to a large bowl. While fries are still hot, toss with freshly chopped parsley. Serve immediately!
Leave a Reply