Paleo Whipped Strawberry Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups coconut cream (we like Tropical Traditions), or three 13.6 oz. cans of chilled coconut milk - see preparation note below.
- 1 cup strawberry puree (blend 1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries, hulls removed, until smooth)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3-4 teaspoons beet juice (for color - from fresh or canned beets)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Preparation: If using coconut milk, place three cans in the refrigerator for at least two hours before making crème to allow coconut cream to separate.
- If using coconut milk for this recipe, first open chilled cans and scoop out the cream that has separated and floated to the top. Save or discard the water in the bottom.
- Combine coconut cream, strawberry puree, honey, beet juice, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Using an electric hand mixer, mix ingredients together on high speed setting for about 2 minutes, until frosting becomes light and fluffy like whipped cream. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Enjoy as a dessert, or spoon on top of fresh berries. Delicious as a frosting or filling for Paleo Hazelnut and Chocolate Cake and Muffin Mix!
Check Out All Of Our Paleo Cake And Muffin Mixes In The Store: