Ingredients & Supplies
Yield: 16-18 Muffins.
1 Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
1 Cup Liquid Coconut Oil (Melted)
1 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup Warm Water
1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips or Carob Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Make Paleo Baking Company Spice Cake and Muffin Mix according to package instructions, combining pumpkin with wet ingredients before adding dry mix.
3. Fold in dark chocolate or carob chips and stir to evenly distribute.
4. Spoon batter into 16-18 individual muffin papers. This works best using a cookie scoop.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until muffins are cooked through and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Pumpkin and chocolate are two delicious ingredients that, when combined, create a flavor profile that captures everything fun and festive about Halloween. During this spooktacular time of year, chocolate flavors are reminiscent of children joyfully pursuing candy while trick-or-treating in colorful costumes. The pumpkin jack-o-lanterns on every doorstep smile or scare, adding to the general spookiness of the season.
While incredibly tasty year round, paleo pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are especially perfect during October. As Halloween approaches, the leaves begin to fall, the temperatures start to drop, and there is a hint of mystery in the air. This is the ideal time for a pumpkin chocolate chip treat.
This pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipe is free of gluten, grain, dairy, and soy. Replace traditional semi-sweet chocolate chips with healthier dark chocolate or carob chips to keep this recipe in paleo compliance.
These muffins could also be topped with paleo chocolate frosting and Halloween decorations to become a fun cupcake dessert at any Halloween party.