Ingredients & Supplies
Yield: 10-12 Truffles
1 1/2 cups paleo chocolate mousse frosting (one recipe)
Your favorite toppings (suggestions below)
1. At least two hours before preparation, bake Paleo Chocolate Cake and Muffin Mix according to package directions. You can also make the Egg-free/vegan paleo chocolate cake version. Allow cake to cool, and place in freezer for at least one hour.
2. Prepare paleo chocolate mousse frosting
3. In a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup paleo chocolate mousse frosting with 2 cups crumbled frozen paleo chocolate cake. Form into small 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
4. Drizzle cake balls with remaining paleo chocolate mousse frosting.
5. Top with your favorite truffle toppings. Some suggestions: Slivered dark chocolate, shredded coconut, cinnamon and cayenne pepper (Mexican chocolate), chopped nuts, etc.
6. Place baking sheet in freezer and freeze truffles at least one hour before serving.
This is the kind of recipe that you don't want to make unless you have lots of friends to share the results with. These Ice Cream Cake Truffles are impossible to resist... Impossible. This recipe is paleo AND can be made egg-free/vegan! No gluten, grain, dairy, soy, refined sugar or eggs! Crazy!