Ingredients & Supplies
Yield: 16 - 18 Muffins
1 Package Paleo Hazelnut Cake and Muffin Mix
½ cup liquid coconut oil (melted)
1 cup honey
½ cup water
1 cup fresh or dried cranberries
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Make Paleo Baking Company Hazelnut and Muffin Mix according to package instructions, reducing melted coconut oil to ½ cup. Combine vanilla extract with wet ingredients before adding dry mix.
3. Gently fold cranberries into batter.
4. Spoon batter into 16-18 individual muffin papers. This works best using a standard sized cookie scoop.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes until muffins are golden brown on top and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature. Muffins can be frozen for up to 1 month and reheated in a microwave on high for 30 seconds.
In the United State, Cranberries are often synonymous with the Thanksgiving holiday meal. Known as a symbol of peace, this bright and slightly bitter berry is a perfect addition to any holiday table. Perfectly paired with the calming flavor of pure vanilla, these Paleo Cranberry Muffins create a comforting and mouth-watering aroma when pulled from the oven that will make everyone in the nearby vicinity salivate in anticipation.
These cranberry muffins are perfect when served on a frosty winter morning with a hot cup of coffee or as a delicious side dish at your next family gathering.
Folding fresh cranberries into the batter lends these tasty treats a natural source of vitamin C and powerful antioxidants. An optional topping idea is to add freshly grated lemon zest to muffins before baking to bring out an extra burst of citrusy aromatics with every bite.