Paleo Recipe: Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
This delicious dish is excellent as a post-workout meal because it contains a nice balance of carbs and fat. It is great as a side dish, or as a breakfast enjoyed on its own or with eggs. If you're feeling naughty, you can always add crumbled bacon and soft goat cheese.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thin into discs
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- FOC (Fat Of Choice) coconut oil, bacon grease, olive oil, etc.
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thin
- salt and pepper to taste
- crumbled cooked bacon (optional)
- crumbled soft goat cheese (optional
- Sautee sweet potato and onion in Fat Of Choice in a pan on medium-high heat until potatoes brown and onion turns translucent.
- Add sliced garlic and stir occasionally until garlic is just tender (do not burn garlic or it will taste bitter)
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with bacon and goat cheese (optional) or as a side dish with eggs or meat.